A hook is an opening statement (which is usually the first sentence) in an essay that attempts to grab the reader’s attention so that they want to read on. It can be done by using a few different types of hooks, which are a question, quote, statistic, or anecdote. Be mindful that the hook has to be related to the overall topic of the paper.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to use hook sentences to write a good essay?
Essay Hook Examples. Below are examples of essay hooks used in writing the different types of essays: 1. Argumentative Essay Hook Examples. In an argumentative essay, the opening paragraph should be similar to that of a trial.You are supposed to claim persuasively and logically.
2. How to write a good essay hook?
The hook for your essay can be an interesting sentence that captures a person’s attention, it can be thought-provoking, or even, entertaining. The hook for your essay often appears in the first sentence. The opening paragraph includes a thesis sentence. Some popular hook choices can include using an interesting quote, a little-known fact, famous last words, or a statistic .
3. How to write a good hook for an essay?
- Free and inexhaustible databases Good Way To Hook An Essay of the completed works samples;
- English-speaking writers and editors only, holding either Ph.D. or Master’s degrees in a great number of disciplines;
- and a huge variety of other advantages and benefits.
4. How do you use the word hook in a sentence?
www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage use “hook” in a sentence I drilled a hole in the wall to put the picture hook into. Ralph Waldo Emerson once suggested that beauty without grace is the hook without the bait. He put a worm on the hook and dropped his line into the water.