To write a theme statement, follow these 3 steps:
- Pick the main topic addressed in the story
- Pinpoint the author’s view on the topic
- Format that perspective using a theme statement template
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you find the theme of an essay?
A theme essay usually responds to a specific prompt given to you by a teacher or professor. Most essay prompts will ask you to identify the theme, or the overarching message, in a text. Look at the terms used in the prompt and highlight keywords or important terms.
2. How to write a theme statement for a thesis?
Therefore, when creating a theme statement, it’s important to remember: Don’t mention specific books, names or events. Avoid clichés (for example, love makes the heart grow fonder). Do not summarize the work. Avoid absolute terms (for example, always, none).
3. What is a theme based essay?
A theme based essay is an essay where you write something based on a theme which can be derived from a novel, drama, short story, song, poem or any other literary object that has some form, or plot and story in it.
4. How to write a strong essay on theme?
Then, you can write a strong essay with a hook opening line and a focus on theme. Always revise your essay for flow, style, and legibility before you hand it in. Read the essay prompt carefully. A theme essay usually responds to a specific prompt given to you by a teacher or professor.