How To Mention Plays In An Essay?
How to Quote and Cite a Play in an Essay Using MLA Format
- Method 1 Method 1 of 4: Quoting Dialogue from One Speaker. Include the author and title of the play.
- Method 2 Method 2 of 4: Quoting Dialogue from Multiple Speakers. Put a blank space between the body of your paper and the first line.
- Method 3 Method 3 of 4: Citing a Quote from a Prose Play.
- Method 4 Method 4 of 4: Citing a Quote from a Verse Play.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you reference a play in an essay?
When you quote or reference a play in your writing, you place a reference on this page to give the information of the book or anthology in which you found the play. Your reference will include the name of the author, the play title, the publication information, and the format in which it was found.
2. How do you write acts and scenes in a play?
Note the act number and the scene number. All verse plays will have acts and scenes that are ordered numerically. Write the act number, followed by a period. Then, write the scene number.
3. Do you italicize the title of a play in an essay?
Support wikiHow by unlocking this expert answer. Use italics to refer to the title of a play in an essay or other written works. Thanks! How do you cite Shakespeare in text?
4. How do you quote dialogue from a play in an essay?
Quoting Dialogue from One Speaker Include the author and title of the play. Before you launch into the dialogue from a character, name the author and the title of the play first. Name the speaker of the quote. Whenever you quote from the play, make sure you note who said it in the play. Put the quote in quotation marks.