But you can use any of the following ways of writing a hook to get you started:
- The Surprising Statistic Hook Presenting a surprising fact or statistic is a great way to grab the attention of your audience.
- The Interesting Question Hook A question at the very start of your piece challenges your readers to start thinking about the topic.
- The Famous Quote Hook An essay on good citizenship may begin with the famous John F.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to write an essay hook?
It must, however, be taken into consideration that your essay hook must absolutely be related to the subject, or at least to the reasoning that you will lead while writing your text. You should not forget to explain it to a minimum.
2. How do you hook your readers on a story?
A misconception or commonly-believed myth is another good way to hook your readers. You might choose an old wives’ tale, or something commonly held in your culture that does not have any scientific bearing.
3. How can I attract the attention of my readers?
Giving your readers an idea of a desirable future is a great way of catching their attention. Use strong words to create a scene in your readers’ minds. For example, when writing about the things you love to do in the summer, you may start by painting a picture:
4. How do you use an author quote as a hook?
When using an author quote as a hook, be sure of the quote, the author, his work, and the date to avoid mistakes. Why should you use a quote as an essay hook?