Table of contents
- Return to your thesis To begin your conclusion, signal that the essay is coming to an end by returning to your overall argument.
- Review your main points Next, remind the reader of the main points that you used to support your argument.
- Show why it matters
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How to write a conclusion to a personal statement?
The first goal when writing the conclusion to your personal statement is a simple one. It is to avoid starting the conclusion with the words “In conclusion,” “To conclude,” “In summary,” “To summarize” or something similar.
2. How do you conclude an essay in an essay?
Conclude by setting your discussion into a different, perhaps larger, context. For example, you might end an essay on nineteenth-century muckraking journalism by linking it to a current news magazine program like 60 Minutes. Conclude by redefining one of the key terms of your argument.
3. How do you write a good conclusion for a discussion?
Simple language can help create an effect of understated drama. Conclude with a sentence that’s compound or parallel in structure; such sentences can establish a sense of balance or order that may feel just right at the end of a complex discussion. To close the discussion without closing it off, you might do one or more of the following:
4. How to write an essay effectively?
While writing, remember that you should concentrate on your essay’s main idea, whether it is the given topic or your personal opinion. The summary should be short and terse, but expedient. Moreover, keep in mind that you are supposed to fit into the given requirements. Your conclusion should be about ⅓ of the entire paper.