Writing The Common App Essay Conclusion
- Make it memorable. An essay conclusion should aim to stay in the reader’s mind whether that’s because it’s a great story, the thought of what may come next or
- Think ahead. Try to end your conclusion with a look forward into the future.
- Avoid making jokes. Humor is a great skill to include in writing a conclusion, but please be careful.
- Get feedback.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you write a conclusion for a Common App essay?
Things you should do in a conclusion are: Synthesize your major points. *Note that we are telling you to synthesize, not to summarize. We’ll go into this more deeply further on, but don’t parrot yourself, it’s boring. The Common App essay is the only place that you are guaranteed space for creativity.
2. How to end a college application essay effectively?
Be creative with your work and do not get out of point. For your conclusion to be okay you need to link it to the introduction as you make a positive end. Avoid ending your college application essay in a cheesy way. Disclose your qualification, activities, experiences that you have. Be persuasive enough to make the reader believe in you.
3. How important is the Common App essay for college applications?
If the colleges you are applying to don’t have supplements, the Common App essay is even more important, since it’s your last chance to show who you are to the people reviewing your application. It’s easy to focus on the introduction to an essay because it’s what people read first, but the introduction and the conclusion actually hold equal weight.
4. How to write a good college essay conclusion?
The ending of your college essay should leave your reader with a sense of closure and a strong final impression. The conclusion is often harder to write than the college essay introduction, and you may need to rework it when revising your essay, but there are some strategies to ensure that you don’t ruin a good essay with a mediocre conclusion.