When you reference or quote the content of a video source in your paper, place an in-text citation after the reference to note your source. You can note your source either by its title — use the episode title if you’re referencing a TV episode — or the name of the writer, director or one of the performers:
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you cite a video in APA format?
Citing a YouTube Channel
- You will always use “n.d.” for “no date” because YouTube channels are undated.
- The word “Home” is included because every YouTube channel’s page name is “Home” by default.
- Use the words “YouTube Channel” instead of the name of any specific videos since you’re citing a whole channel (not just one video).
2. How to quote a video APA?
Step-by-Step Instructions for a YouTube Video Citation in APA Style
- List the real last name of the video’s uploader, capitalizing the first letter.
- Next, using brackets, list the screen name of the video’s uploader as it is spelled on the page.
- Then, in parentheses, put the full numerical year followed by a comma, the full written month starting with a capital letter and followed by a comma, and the numerical day
3. How to cite a video in MLA in text?
Try using these templates to create your own reference page citations in MLA and APA formats:
- MLA, separate author: Author. “Video Title in Title Case, in Quotation Marks.” Name of Platform, italicized, uploaded by Screen Name, day Month year, URL.
- MLA, author and uploader are the same: “Video Title in Title Case, in Quotation Marks.” Name of Platform, italicized, uploaded by Screen Name, day Month year, URL.
- APA: Author. (Year, Month day).
4. How do I cite a course video in APA?
When you cite videos in APA format, remember that the speaker is not important in your citations; it does not matter who gave the presentation. Instead, for online videos, use the publisher of the source as well as the year of publication to create citations. Walden University. (Producer).