The habits we have greatly determine our lifestyle. Therefore, it makes sense to encourage good habits and get rid of bad habits. And the start of the New Year is the best time to adapt your lifestyle
Our daily habits (useful and not so good) in many ways become the flow of life, along with victories, defeats and general moral sentiment.
RELATED TO 30 Journaling Prompts for Self-Discovery.
We are the slaves of our habits; they have tremendous power over us. The coming of the New Year is an imaginary boundary that in our minds is associated with the renewal, the “transformation” of life. Perhaps the promises we made on January 1 are attempts to break free of bad habits and attract happiness.
RELATED TO The Ultimate Motivation Guide!
Habits you need to develop in the New Year
To be happy and healthy, try to adopt these habits next year
Personal growth and mental health
- Stop worrying about aging
- Plan important things for the next month and write them down on paper
- Learn to say NO
- Assist the orphanage
- Stop storing unnecessary things
- Plan your financial expenses
- If you get distracted by gloomy thoughts: think of 3 rational reasons why bad things won’t happen to you
- Stop agonizing over a past mistake
- Forgo certain benefits
- Do something creative
- Don’t make empty promises
- Only spend 1 hour a day on social networks
- Take one day off a week for body care
- Embrace the person you love every day
- Donate 3% of your income to charity
- Smile a few times each day
- Master the relaxation technique
- Make reminders on your phone – it’s easier to stick to a plan
- Do not delay for later things that are done for 3 to 4 minutes
- To use the weekend to enjoy, wipe away dust on weekdays, vacuum, pick up things around the house
- Do not spare the good deeds
- Use the nights to look at the stars
- Apply aromatic oil
- Stop complaining about life
RELATED TO 4 Golden Rules to be Happy!
- Cleanse your body of toxins once a week
- Provide yourself a strong workout twice a week
- Walk for an hour every day
- Do not consume alcohol
- Do not consume fast food
- Perfect your breathing
- Replace fried foods with barbecue
- Eat fresh fruit 2-3 times a day
- Be sure to eat salad at lunch
- Do morning exercises: 5 Tibetans
- Replace the coffee with green tea
- Practice meditation for 10 minutes a day
- Add spices to the jelly
- Once every half year, go for a systematic review
- Go to the dentist and ophthalmologist
- In the morning, do those toughest tasks
- Stop working on the weekends
- Do not open emails when you are at home
- Do not talk to other colleagues
- Organize meetings with friends once a month
- Tell loved ones how much you love them
- Stop communicating with people who don’t like you
- Invite your parents on weekends
- Ask each day how your family members are.
Expand the sights
- Read books every day
- Once a month, go to a theater play
- Learn 20 new words in a foreign language once a week
- Watch documentaries
- Sign up for any courses (knitting, painting, pottery
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME!
Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.