Good relationships don’t happen overnight. They take commitment, compromise, forgiveness and most of all — effort. Falling in love is the easy part. The challenge for couples is how to rekindle the fires of romance from time to time and cultivate the mature, trusting love that is the hallmark of a lasting relationship.
How many of us can say that he knows the magic formula for building a good love relationship? Where did we learn that? At home? At school? By watching? Reading books? Magazines? Watching television? Our relationship to relationships is probably a combination of all this, as well as its innate character. But it does mean that you can adjust your relationship and change for the better to build a better relationship with your partner.
Tips for relationship couples
- Create a safe environment where you can trust, talk openly and share your emotions without fear.
- The partner is not your enemy or competitor. You should work for mutual benefit, not compete.
- Separate facts from feelings. Once you learn to separate facts and feelings, you will be able to resolve conflicts permanently.
- Connect with different parts of your personality. It’s hard to see ourselves as a solo singer when we’re more of an orchestra. What does reason tell us? What does our heart tell us? What does the body tell us? What does instinct tell us?
- Cultivate compassion. The opposite of compassion is judgment. Don’t judge your partner for his flaws or mistakes, but try to understand and empathize with him.
- Create “we” instead of “me”. Each person is an independent part of the relationship, but for the relationship to work, you must function as one. If you think in terms of “me” and “you” then you and your partner become negative.
- If you want a fulfilled relationship, you must be a fulfilled person. Don’t expect a partner to fill your emotional holes and don’t try to fill them. You need to be supportive of one another in the self-development process, but you cannot do the process for someone.
- Don’t make assumptions but ask. Eg: “He doesn’t want to hold my hand with me in public. He has to dislike me.” You can’t know why he doesn’t want it until you ask. Listen to what your partner is telling you, but also keep track of feelings that may have been unspoken.
- Have time to bond. No matter how long you are in a relationship, you make connections and spend quality time together. A relationship is like a garden, the more you nurture it, the better it will progress.
- Solve difficult problems with love. No matter how you feel in a particular situation, divert your energy and what you need to say, say it in a constructive and stimulating way, not with hatred.
- Pay attention to the positive partners and show that you value them.
- In the relationship, watch more of what you do and less of your partner. If you want something to be different, you will have to start behaving differently.
- The partner cannot read your thoughts. Be very specific about what you want.
- The games of power and love do not go in the same direction. The more you compete with your partner, the more you move away from true love.
- Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, kind words, and smiles, and they can put any relationship back in the right lane.
- While it is important to know how to handle conflicts constructively, whether or not your relationship will succeed depends most on how you treat one another when you are not fighting.
- Many say that rarely a lack of love is the cause of unhappy marriages, than that it is most often a lack of friendship, so build a friendship with your partner.
- Happy couples talk a lot. Strong communication will keep every connection solid. Talk to your partner daily. Show interest in what he does and as soon as he does.
- Happy couples know when to shut up and quarrel. If a topic constantly causes a high tone in a partner, do not mention it.
- Happy couples remain positive. A positive attitude is perhaps one of the biggest contributing factors to a successful relationship. Do not lose sight of your partner’s positive qualities, your positive feelings, and a positive perspective on your relationship.
Tips for him for relationship
- Assist in household chores. Some research has shown that a man’s willingness to help with household chores is one of the basic indicators of a relationship’s future. Make your partner happy by doing household chores.
- Do not start any topics early in the morning. Women are colder than men in the morning, and any conversation will have a negative outcome.
- Stop fantasizing about alternatives. If you sometimes wonder how much better it would be for you to be alone or stay with your ex, you might wonder very quickly how this relationship has failed you. Visualized ideal relationships or girlfriends also make you less happy. Instead of thinking about what you would like, think about what is great about your girlfriend.
- Prepare dinner for your sweetheart. Like men, women today have jobs and are struggling to make money for a better life, but unlike men, they still include almost all household chores, including daily cooking. Get involved in meal prep or bring it to a restaurant more often.
- Listen more. Women at partners value their understanding the most and are willing to give up many of their expectations only if they find someone who understands them.
- Research has shown that relationship satisfaction decreases as your phone and laptop usage increase as you spend time together.
- Create shared experiences. Stress is a big enemy of the relationship, so to reduce it, organize excursions and vacations a little more often.
- Compliment her. The more compliments you give to your partner, the better she will feel and the better she feels, the better your relationship will be.
- Show your interest in the public. Although this is annoying to many men, the worse your partner thinks about herself, the less passionate and sexy she will be. To have a better opinion of yourself, you must always show her that you are the most important and interesting person in the room and that you are always on her side.
- Learn to understand hormonal changes and be a stable and firm supporter. During one month, the levels of sex hormones change at least 4 times in women, in men they are stable and constant. Not to mention pregnancy, when hormones go wild. You must be sure to be a stronghold that you can always rely on.
- If you have to argue, keep it a clean and argumentative argument. Do not insult her whole personality for one mistake. Learn to calm and react calmly, like a real man.
- Kiss at least twice a day. In the evening before bedtime and the morning after waking up.
- Get out more often. If your relationship gets into a routine, boredom can also be transmitted to the bedroom. The more annoying you are about the relationship, the more chances you have of a break or divorce.
- Be interesting. Many men think that women “fire” on bad guys, while they “fire” on interesting and unpredictable ones. If you want her to remain in love with you for a long time, constantly surprise her.
- Make suggestions. Your relationship should always thrive, and you do your best to initiate progress because it is expected of you. Move the border now and then. First suggest meeting your parents, then suggest living together, getting married, getting married, having children… But don’t stop there. Try to continue to propose and manage your relationship, propose a saving, a new larger apartment … All that concerns your common future.
- But still, slow down. Don’t do everything in a month, because many women need time to adjust to their new situation.
- Keep an eye out for details. She needs to see in detail that you are still interested in.
- Keep worrying about hygiene. Many men get into a relationship and forget that they should be attractive to their partner every day. Dirty socks beside the bed are not attractive.
- Never force your partner. You can make suggestions, but don’t leave the impression of a strict father.
- Always be on her side. Even when he is wrong. You are not a judge of the relationships she has with others, but her partner, and you should always support her.
Tips for her for relationship
- Your partner must feel respected. As much as you love him, you have to respect him even more.
- Don’t try to solve his problems. Men like to solve problems and let him deal with his own.
- Show him you need him. If you want something, tell him directly. Do not have to guess, because it is not good for men.
- Force good behavior. When your partner is doing something right, tell him how much you value it. Compliment it to friends and family.
- Be stable. Don’t want one today and the other tomorrow. Too much mood swings cause men to lose interest in their mood.
- Don’t bother. If you want something, say it in a simple dictionary, without grunting or saying. With too many words you will lose his attention.
- Your partner wants to please you, so allow it. Keep telling him how great he is at what you want him to do.
- While dating someone, be selective, but once married, be indulgent. Some say that while you are in a relationship, your eyes should be wide open and half-closed in marriage.
- Dress to impress him. Men are driven by eyes and imagination. Show enough, but leave it covered enough for his imagination to always work. And in a long marriage, you seduce him again. Don’t stop worrying about yourself, even when you have 3 children to worry about.
- Be sexy. From time to time, buy new underwear, a dress, or something that will make you feel and look sexy.
- Find the balance in the relationship. The balance will help you adjust to your partner without losing yourself in the relationship.
- Allow your partner time for him. Men are by nature more independent than women, and no one likes being constantly “blown out of the neck”
- Listen to what your partner is saying to you. Be careful and do not go into the word thinking that your experiences and emotions are more important than his.
- Never be ashamed of your partner. Always be by his side and on his side.
- Work on your relationship all the time. There is a myth that love is enough, but it is just a myth because if you do not work hard on your relationship, love will soon be lost.
- Don’t assume that your child will strengthen your relationship. This does not mean that you will start to love yourself less when you have a child, but with children, you must have realistic expectations. The myth that a child will change is just a myth.
- Don’t expect a partner to change. Many times women blame men for everything bad in their relationship, but changing the look of your relationship is what you need, not changing your partner.
- Let him appreciate you. Don’t wait for spontaneous compliments. Say sometimes nice things about yourself and have him confirm them.
- Hidden misery is a poison to every relationship. If something bothers you, say so. Express your problem and ask for a solution. Do not impose your own rules.
- Punishing partners does not work. You may feel better reading the lesson or punishing him in some way. A much better tactic is to reward and encourage the behavior you like and pretend not to see and ignore what you don’t like.
Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.